Press Release - NBA Beef Expo 2012 - you can't afford to miss it
21st May 2012
NBA Beef Expo 2012 – you can’t afford to miss it.
Beef producers, from calf rearers to dedicated finishers, are being given a final rousing call to attend this week’s Lloyds TSB Agriculture-sponsored Beef Expo 2012 – the industry’s dedicated technical event at Three Counties Showground, Malvern, Worcestershire on May 24th – where this year’s theme is ‘Making a difference to your bottom line’.
Whether supporting show ring competitions or topping up technical know-how, entry to Beef Expo 2012 offers value for money at £15 per adult, says Paul Westaway, Show Chairman for organiser the National Beef Association.
“Pound for pound, if you were to go only to one event this year, Beef Expo should be it,” he says.
And here’s why:-
* World Class Advice. Drop in on any of the 10 seminars covering the spectrum from animal health to selling finished stock to get the latest top tips and industry news.
* Show ring competitions. Join Donegal-based judge Pearce McNamee at the National Spring Spectacular Show and support the country’s top stockmen and women.
* Tea break bonus. Register at the NBA stand and get a free cup of tea or coffee and free entry to win a £1,400 IAE Crusader cattle crush or hand-held electronic ear-tag reader from Gallagher.
* Ask the experts. At 1pm in the main ring have your chance to quiz a panel of industry experts and regulators on issues from TB to future pricing of cattle in Question Time.
* Judge for yourself. Take part in the stockjudging competitions and put your skills to the test. Cash prizes await.
* Learn from levy money. From demonstrations on use of muck and slurry to advice on carcase classification and use of EBVs, Eblex staff will be on hand to give advice.
* Who’s the future? Join in support for both the Young Show Stars competition and find out which finalist was named NBA Beef Stockman of the Future 2012.
* Tasting success. From butchery competitions, a retail beef area and cookery demonstrations aided by Ladies in Beef, there’s something to sample and supplies to be bought.
* Be there. Technical tips or simply socialising? Beef Expo 2012 is YOUR industry event.
“Whether you want to stand at the show-ring or top up on technical tips, entry to this year’s event will undoubtedly be money well spent,” says Mr Westaway. “Along with the NBA, the sponsors and exhibitors, I look forward to welcoming everyone on May 24th.”
For details of Beef Expo 2012 go online at www.beefexpo.co.uk .
For more information contact:
Euan Emslie, NBA Beef Expo Organiser, 01430 441870 or 07718 908523
Paul Westaway, NBA Beef Expo 2012 Chairman, 07814 537462
Helen Dobson, NBA Head Office, 01434 601005