Mince & Tatties Casserole
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 25-30mins
- 1kg new potatoes, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 onions, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 800g free-range beef mince
- 4 tbsp flour
- 550ml beef stock
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Spread the potatoes over a large baking sheet, toss with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, salt and pepper, then roast on a high shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof casserole or dish, then fry the onions with the carrots, celery and beef mince for 5 minutes to brown. Stir in the flour, then the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, uncovered, on a middle shelf in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and the mince mix from the oven. Toss the potatoes with the parsley, scatter over the mince and serve.